Production Operator (Glens Falls, NY)
United States, Glens Falls NY
Jewelry & Industrial Metals
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do? To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking Production Operators in our Electrical Materials business unit located in Glens Falls, NY
About Jewelry & Industrial Metals (JIM)
A wealth of applications. Umicore is an expert in developing products and processes based on precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum. These materials enable our customers to make fine jewelry, coins, high purity glass and industrial catalysts. Umicore also enables the sustainable and responsible sourcing of these metals and provides closed-loop recycling for our customers. To make the most of these materials we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Production Operator you'll be responsible for manufacturing product based on customer orders, on time, while maintaining safety and quality. Specifically, this will include:
- Operating production equipment, keeping continuous production flow, ensuring good quality material is produced and transferred daily, without accidents; meeting daily/weekly production goals
- Providing Preventative Maintenance in order to have zero unplanned downtime due to maintenance or tooling problems
- Learning and training in other machines, operations, processes and departments in order to be qualified for other tasks within UEM measured by the Qualification Matrix
Who we are looking for
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as your High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED), you should have 1 -2 Years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Some experience with operating metal working/forming equipment or foundry casting/melting processes preferred however willing to train the right candidate. We'll also be looking for:
- Ability to work in and wear required PPE
- Good mathematical thinking
- Some experience with quality systems and procedures, able to follow written work instructions
- Firm mechanical ability and logic; ability to do simple maintenance (lubrication, adjustments, repairs)
- Organized, self-structured and reliable
- Pro-active, self-driven
- Disciplined, observant to safety and work instructions
- Practical approach, straight-forward and communicative
- Flexible for changes in work shift schedule
- Operate under UMICORE VALUES: Openness, Innovation, Respect, Teamwork, and Commitment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
This position offers competitive hourly rate and bonus potential. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibility. We recognize 11 Paid Holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Candidates must be able to work in the United States, without requiring company visa/immigration support.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Karen Winne at email@example.com or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (518) 932-0052